Tuesday 12 September 2017

Creative week 9 - Stampscape art journal - Golden Stars of California

Hi, welcome back :0)

Today's art journal page - Golden Stars of California - is a scenic jump into my Seawhite hardbound 7.5"x7.5" (ca. 20x20 cm) journal.


Again it is a mixed scene with Stampscape stamps and other stamps from my stash. When I saw a cine camera stamp and a desert scene from Stampendous, it reminded me immediately California and its movie stars :0) 

So here it is, a simple journal page stamped in black and coloured with a few Distres ink pads and white paint pen...and of course with golden stars projected by the cine camera on the California's night sky. I embossed them with Ranger Gold tinsel embossing powder and then I cut out the letters from a gold washi tape (I stuck the tape on the stripes of a wax paper, so I can then remove my "letter stickers" from it easily). To unify the different golden shades of the powder and the tape I used an yellow ochre alcohol marker which can be used on the non-porous surfaces. As a finishing touch I added a film strip die cut as my thematic label. 

This journal page is my entry for Simon Say Stamp Monday challenge "It's written in the stars".


12.9.2017 Golden Stars of California


No comments:

Post a Comment