Tuesday 8 August 2017

Stampscape cards - first 4 scenes

Four stampscape cards on ordinary inkjet glossy photo paper (tropical card and ducks card), Ranger specialty matt coated paper (bats card) and Ranger glossy paper (blue lake card).

Because I don't have the great paper Kevin Nakagawa use in his video lessons, these cards started as a paper test for different papers I have in my stash - how easily or hardly they take the dye inks. Then I decided to use them also for stamping. The scenes were stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink and/or Ranger Black soot archival ink.

It was not too easy I need to say, because on all of them the ink dries pretty quickly, so it is not easy to achieve nice blends of colors as Kevin does. I found out, that Versamark ink is a very helpful, especially for inkjet photo paper, because as a first  clear layer it fill the paper a bit and helps to other inks to stay longer on the surface of the paper so they can be moved and mixed better.

When the ink layers were dry (I used a heat tool) I stamped the scenes in black colors. Unfortunately even if I tried, none of the images was stamped perfectly solid and opaque and drying with my heat tool also did not helped - somehow it caused that black become a quite dull. So I used black Pigma Micron pens and Memento marker to fill the gaps and make black more black again :0).  For white details I used a white Sakura gelly roll pen. It works perfectly. And the clouds on the green card were just painted with a white Pitt artist pen (India ink) and just smudged with fingers before they dry completely (also this ink dries fast).

Next time I will definitely try a reverse order - first stamping and then coloring. But I thing that these cards was an experiment and I learned a lot, so the goal was achieved :0)

And here they are, 4 cards, 4 scenes and 4 moods... Thank you for stopping by, have a nice day and I'll be glad when you let me know which card do you like the most :0)...

6.8.2017 Stampscape cards - Tropical sunset, Blue lake, Duck rest and Night of bats...


1 comment: