Thursday 6 July 2017

Scrap art journal 1 - Turtles

"Turtles" - first page in my Scrap art journal series. It is a return to my big square 28 x 28 cm (cca 11" x 11") pages and a beginning of my personal challenge. I have no idea how long this journey will be, but this is the first step :0)

Point is, that I have a lot of patterned papers I don't like. It's quite normal, I thing. You buy some paper pad, but not every single page is your favourite one and you know, that these left over papers you will probably not use...maybe never. So I decided to use these paper "scraps" and transform them into something more pleasant to me, preferably art journal pages.
I feel this decision very challenging and I hope, this will last for some time and I will use as many of these "outsiders" as possible ,0)

For my first page I've chosen two papers connected with aqua color, although one had was very busy pattern and second one very simple. Then I used The Crafters Workshop stencils for a sea grass, the turtles and shells, some of them with Tim Holtz white texture paste and white and black acrylic markers. The seashells are also colored with gold acrylic marker and turtle shells with green Pitt artist pens and gelatos. To make the turtle shells glossy I used Triple thick glossy glaze from Deco art.

I'm very surprised with the outcome, it is better than I hoped, so I will definitely continue this journey :0)

Thank you for stopping by and "see" you next time :0) And if you would like to leave me your comment I would appreciate it a lot :0)

5.7.2017 Scrap art journal 1 - Turtles



No comments:

Post a Comment