Wednesday 5 April 2017

Creative weekend 8 - "Spring wind"

Spring wind - an art journal page in Seawhite hardbound 7.5"x7.5" (ca. 20x20 cm) journal.

Pastel colors background created with a few stencils (Tim Holtz) and stamps (Crafter's Companion) using Tsukineko VersaMagic Dew Drops chalk inks and stencil brushes. Some brushes I used were from Clarity stamps and some just no-named, but the same shape, cheaper brushes from hardware store. The results are the same - very nice :0) For this page I was inspired by Sari Hänninen's recent stenciling technique shown in the second half of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPliZiM6Sw&t=61s.

The final background reminds me a mosaic floor, so I wanted to stay mostly 2D with my page. I used Tim Holtz Kraft-core gold metallic cardstock to die cut my letters (Memory Box) and a compass (Cheery Lynn) and white cardstock for my feathers (Simon Says Stamp) which I colored with the same VersaMagic chalk inks used on the background. Only the feathers I wanted more dimensional, so I used a bigger blobs of 3D matte gel to glue them down and the gel does a really great job :0)

Have a nice spring days and thanks for stopping by :0)

4. 4. 2017 Spring wind



P.S. ...to see more details, open the picture (link) in the new tab :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment