Sunday 16 July 2017

Scrap art journal 4 - Dragonflies

"Dragonflies" - 4th page in my Scrap art journal series (square 28 x 28 cm /cca 11" x 11").

The journey out of my comfort zone continues :0)...
This time I wanted to transform the scrap papers in a new way. The original paper was brown with colored dots. I embossed it with an embossing folder and carefully used a darker brown Distress ink over the page. The ink hit the embossed parts mostly, so the new leaves design has nicely appeared. I used the same technique with the green scrap paper, which I cut in squares then and framed with brown Distress ink.
Newly I also used a cotton rag paper, which is a rough hand made paper from India and it's very firm and beautifully textured. I used it for the moon (together with a silver foil leafing technique) and the maple leaves. Although I used a lot of liquids on those elements, the texture of the paper is still there and I love it a lot.

The dragonflies were stamped on a transparency with Staz-On ink and colored from the reverse side with a green alcohol marker. For the silver shine on the wings I used a silver Krylon pen - again from the reverse side, so the black stamping is still visible. I tried to use just a thin layer of the silver pen, so the wing are a bit transparent at the end.
Leaves were stamped on the colored cotton rag paper with silver pigment ink and embossed with Ranger detail silver embossing powder. And the white-silver string was over-painted with silver Distress paint.
As I final touch I used the silver and gold mirrored stars all over the background - after all, it is a night scene still, right? :0)

Thank you again for stopping by, have a great days and "see" you next time :0)

15.7.2017 Scrap art journal 4 - Dragonflies


No comments:

Post a Comment