Saturday 22 April 2017

Playful journal page 16 - Phoenix and Dragon

Phoenix and Dragon - an art journal page inspired with Chinese decor :0)
According to the Chinese mythology the Phoenix was a symbol of the Empress and the Dragon with five fingers belonged to the Emperor. For a long time a yellow color was reserved for a monarch and in the Chinese culture has a very important meanings still. 

For the background I used one of Spellbinders Medallion dies. I cut it 6 times and glued the decor on the page. Then I covered all the page with the black Dylusions paint and highlighted the medallions with an Old gold metallic wax (Inka gold) from Viva Decor.
I painted white cardstock with Calypso teal Dylusions paint, stamped the clouds with clear Versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. Then I teared two stripes off it and used the same gold wax on the edges.
On the white cardstock sprayed with Lemon zest and Pure sunshine Dylusions sprays I stamped the Phoenix and the Dragon, again with Versamark, and embossed them with the gold embossing powder. I used one of my label dies to cut them out. The same technique I used for the coins, which were stamped on the white cardstock painted with the mix of Pure sunshine and Calypso teal Dylusions sprays (they mix in a beautiful range of greens).
At the end I painted a brown ribbon with the gold wax and fastened the coins on it with a small pieces of wooden skewer painted with a black Dylusions paint. All stamps I used for this page are from two very nice sets from Local King rubber stamps.

Because I used a limited range of colors, the whole page is nicely consistent and with the all gold accents looks really beautiful.

If you like the page too, feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for stopping by, have a nice days and see you next time :0)

21.4.2017 Playful art journal page 16 - Phoenix and Dragon


P.S. ...to see more details, open the picture (link) in the new tab :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment